Hyperlocal Startups Creating a Better Living

Recently, I read about this article on yourstory: IIT alumni startup creating a better living experience and it made me go down the memory lane when I used to work in a small real estate based startup in Bengaluru, India.
Startups are growing like mushrooms in India and most of them claim to be solving a real world problem. I am specifically intrigued, surprised and sometimes disappointed by some of these startups. These startups, specifically the hyperlocal ones, when claim to create a better living experience, a better lifestyle or quality of life makes me rethink about the life I'm living. Am I doing something wrong? Am I wasting my time in buying groceries or washing my clothes or cooking lunch?
Further, I would like to emphasize that its not just the services in the hyperlocal sector that makes me rethink. Its also what they claim to achieve by doing so is astonishing. This umbrella euphoria of every startup claiming to create a better living experience is making me re-evaluate my way of living. It makes me retrospect what kind of life I have been living and what it could have been if I had these hyperlocals earlier in my life. I have to agree that some of these would have been quiet useful at some instances/events in my life.
However, the claim of creating a better living experience is a bit of exaggeration. I know you have to sell your product/services but please do not use such words. It makes me think that startups nowadays do not want me to do even daily chores. They claim to save our time from these daily activities and help you focus on what is more important, life. If you believe in all of these startups motto, you would end up realising that life is just about going to work and lavish exotic holidays. Thats what they want you to focus on holidays in Bali with spa and a mountain trek somewhere in Alps. Brainwashing us subconsciously to buy their products or get addicted to their services because of their deep pocketed investors. They have the money and brains to create a demand for something that never existed in the first place. Creating this myth about improving lifestyle by sucking the life out of us, making us so much physically dependent and eventually handicapped in the long run.
Life just can't be about vacation or holidays. Life is a journey of social interations and these hyperlocals are actually focussed to suck those interactions out of our lives. Most of these startups are founded by IIT'ians, one of the best engineering institues in India. How come such hardworking brains not understand what a quality life means. Or, maybe they are so hungry for creating a startup that it doesn't matters what services they are creating, they just want to create something and figure out funding. On top of that, the global wealth is growing at a steady pace. 2018 was a big growth year for the world’s economy. Overall, global wealth grew by $14 trillion to $317 trillion, a 4.6 percent increase. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, global wealth at end of 2019 was at 399.2 trillion USD as per this Credit Suisse report. The world is becoming greedier and the rich have so much more money now that they want you to stop living yours. They want you to add their products and services so badly into your lifestyle that they invest their billions and billions of dollars on these startups every year so that they can increase their wealth. They do not take a break but wan't you to take one.
To summarize, I am not very happy with the best brains of my country working on these silly ideas just to create a company, get funding, raise money. This whole short-cut to getting rich thing is a bitter disappointment to see. Please think before making such claims to create a better lifestyle. You want to create a better life, think about how you can improve our nature, environment and mother earth. Think about how we can make the world a bit more peaceful, a bit less polluted and create a wonderful ecosystem. Its not about how you can deliver these small things to our doorstep and then claim to make a better life for us. You are better than this you literate, money hungry greedy fools.

Comments

  1. Wonderful, amazing!
    Yes 👍, Life is something else!
    Fully independent ,nothing materialistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written, you should blog more often! greeting from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written and articulated my friend... I appreciate your thought process to put these into writing.. very well thought off.. hope someone among us will get this in right direction ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

JMeter – Working with JSON

Existence: Absolute & Relative

How to create an XML Log file in Java using JAXB (Customized)